Sunday, July 7, 2013

Mushroom Arugula Sandwiches

I spotted this on Pinterest sometime ago. Last week, I pulled it out and threw in on my grocery list. However, whenever I got to today, I took a look at the recipe, I stopped and said, "I'm too darn lazy and too darn hungry to wait for garlic to roast."
Laziness is abounding in my kitchen the past week. Hence, the large lack of posts. The other day I made my roasted red pepper pesto-like sauce, and had some leftover.
So I adapted it a little. Here's the response from M to my adaptation, in the time it took me to assemble the second sandwich:
"Can you make another?"

Here's what it looks like before being devoured by hungry fiances:

Ingredients (per sandwich):
2 Tbsp Red Pepper Pesto-like Sauce
Handful of Arugula
1/4 package Crimini or Portabello mushrooms, sliced
2 Tbsp Capers
2 slices of your favorite bread or a roll sliced open
2 Tbsp Olive Oil

Directions:
Saute mushrooms in oil until golden.
Pile all ingredients into sandwich.
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment